Windows 95? Yeah, it runs Doom.
A continuation of WinDoom, this port was headed up by Alex St. John, the creator of DirectX and thus someone who probably knows a little something about DirectX. Along with higher resolution support, this version added a launcher program for custom WADs and multiplayer.
However, there are a few bugs that have caused gnashing of teeth over the years: demo recording is outright broken, automap markers might as well be, and the partial invisibility effect has some curious issues. The Doom Wiki has a full list of differences and issues.
It also spawned this amazing internal promotional video of Bill Gates discussing Windows 95 as a games platform in the middle of E1M2.
21 Notes/ Hide
- dosgamer000 reblogged this from itrunsdoom
- dosgamer000 likes this
- vhsgun likes this
- blackhe-art reblogged this from itrunsdoom and added:
- twerking-in-the-5thdimension reblogged this from itrunsdoom
- twerking-in-the-5thdimension likes this
- mak0rz reblogged this from itrunsdoom and added:
- barmysofty likes this
- bhhammy reblogged this from itrunsdoom
- street--trash likes this
- phobosanomaly likes this
- dimension-of-lols likes this
- jonnie7 likes this
- magucalboysmallo likes this
- loudbears likes this
- thathomestar reblogged this from itrunsdoom and added:
- capnschamber reblogged this from itrunsdoom and added:
- thathomestar likes this
- 31262 likes this
- the-goddamn-doomguy likes this
- itrunsdoom posted this